home

 
Below are several videos and slideshows depicting the output from some of my work.


Spare Change is a game I wrote for Github-Gameoff-2013, with great success.  The following is a link where you may play it.  It operates on Unity (Web Player), C#, Scoreoid.com (A REST service for player data storage and authentication), and Amazon S3 REST APIs (for storage of game content).









I participated in the Github-Gameoff-2012 (https://github.com/ThatsAMorais/game-off-2012) and created this small Web-based RTS over the course of November.  The game was not fully operational by the end of the month, but it was a lot of fun to write and gave me a reason to learn to use Unity.  Though the game may not have been at Release quality, I completed a large amount of the features I set out to implement, all in my spare time after work.  Above is an image I took on Nov 30th 2012 on the last day of the competition.  (hosted on Google App Engine): forks-v-branches.appspot.com/


Forks -V- Branches



The video below is ver1 of a dice roller app which was planned for a larger role-playing application that I wrote in C# with XNA.  The app had a few issues that can be seen in the video, such as the load time of duplicating convex hulls for physics meshes when using high-poly assets.  Some time passed and I decided to revisit the Dice Roller with Three.js and Physi.js to learn Javascript and about writing web-based applications, a domain of software engineering that I neglected for far too long.  (hosted on Google App Engine): roleplaydice.appspot.com.  Then just after Github Gameoff 2012,  using what I learned about Unity, I gave it another shot.  So, in only two evenings I was able to create this app, (webroleplay.appspot.com), surpassing its predecessors in features and efficiency.

Dice roller prototype written in C# and XNA




"Cuben" is a puzzle-game idea I was prototyping, written in Python and using the Panda3D graphics engine.  I came up with the idea while playing Minecraft, which may be obvious from the video, and I still may recreate the game model in this prototype more seriously.  While Panda3D was great for rapidly prototyping this concept, I found the paradigm to be too confining around which to build a larger system, leading me to put the effort on hiatus.

Cuben: prototype for a puzzle game that presents challenges using flow and occlusion




As part of my graduate studies focused in Computer Graphics, I took a course in Advanced Computer Graphics taught by Dr. J. Edward Swan that entailed implementing a Ray Tracer in C incrementally throughout the semester.  My professor gave lectures about the inner workings of ray intersections, color models, the behavior of light, animation, photo-realism and, later, ways to optimize the rendering time of frames.  The pictures above depict the milestones of the application starting from simple colors to animation.

Ray Tracer project




The pictures above are just a few of the projects I completed throughout the semester in Dr. TJ Jankun-Kelly's Non-Photorealistic Rendering class.  In the class we read published articles from Siggraph and other journals discussing rendering techniques that aim, in general, to simulate an analog artistic style like painting or drawing by digital means.

Non-Photorealistic Rendering projects




"Breakin and Poppin" is a game I wrote as a Master's project in order to complete my graduate degree.  It was written using Python and PyOpenGL in the span of a semester.

Breakin and Poppin




My Resume

My Resume


Comments